Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Weight Loss Sabotage

People are thoughtful.  I realize that.

No matter what I do, people like to give me sugar.  When I do something nice for them, they give me little treats in return.  They're mostly cookies, cakes, and processed food items.

How can I say, "No?  Please don't sabotage my weight loss."  I don't want to be rude or hurtful, but enough already.  It's a slippery slope for me. I have a short attention span for willpower.

Waste not, want not.

I received these little treats as a gift and I'm stumped.  I'm sitting here staring at these containers and wondering... what now?

Each cookie is a mini-sized treat.  But that doesn't make them any better.

Before I completely fall off the edge of reason and go on a snacking binge, I need to stop and think about whether I'm going to eat these treats in one sitting or not.

That's the truth.

I'd love to say, "I'll only eat one bite a day for 30 days in a row."  But that's not realistic.  That's not reality.  Sugar feeds sugar.  If you eat sugar, you want more.  That's why I can't have these in my house on a regular basis.

So, I start my research.

Famous Amos:  4 cookies = 150 calories.  There are 2.5 servings in each container.

Golden Oreos:  9 cookies = 140 calories.  There are 3.5 servings in each container.

Sigh...  This is the reason people are overweight and obese.  They're ONLY 140 or 150 calories, right?  What's the problem?

Well, the problem is that they're housed in small containers that make them seem like one serving, not three or four servings.  And honestly, who can eat only a couple of these little suckers?

Wouldn't it be nice to receive a tomato or fresh apple instead?

Maybe I'll give these treats to the homeless people living on the streets in LA instead.

Please, no more sweet treats.

I'd be happy with two words:  Thank you.

In return, I'd simply say:  You're welcome.

Try it.  Doesn't it feel satisfying?  And the cost of calories to say thank you:  zero.

Kind deeds should just be kind deeds.  Accept and move on...

No comments:

Post a Comment