Saturday, June 27, 2015

Food Babe Fights Back Against Gawker

For years, I have been following the Food Babe.  She focuses on healthy eating and ridding our diets of GMOs.  I've thought it was all good advice.

Until I read an article colored with swear words from Gawker.  The information and attack in the Gawker article seemed to make it seem as though Vani Hari was misguided, misinformed and misdirected.  The article goes so far to label her a liar. Shocking, right?

I left it at that for a while and stopped reading Food Babe.  Sorry to say that happened, but sometimes readers are instantly influenced by negativity.  I moved on but still found myself employing the strategies for healthier eating from Hari, whether I read her website or not.

After a couple of months off, I just revisited her website and boom - she hit back at the Gawker article which she refers to as a takedown.  Wow... look at Food Babe's evidence that it was, in fact, an intentional takedown.

This is why you can't believe everything you read.
This is why consumers are so confused.
This is why people don't take action for good health.

I don't understand why Gawker allowed this to happen or published the hit on Food Babe, but I'm sure they got clicks on their article.  It was big news at the time to takedown someone who had worked so diligently to have changes made in the food industry such as Subway removing an ingredient from their bread that is also found in shoe soles and yoga mats.

Read the comments at the bottom of the Gawker article.  Even readers ask, why are you attacking Food Babe and no one else who shares similar views?

You have me back as a reader, Food Babe.  Sorry, I got sucked into the vacuum of clickbait.  It happens.  It probably will happen again but not for you.  You've been wronged and I'm back as a follower.

No comments:

Post a Comment