Friday, November 28, 2014

Lose Ten Pounds in Ten Days? WHAT?

Losing ten pounds in ten days can be done.  There are many books out there advising you to lose weight as quickly as you can.  Chef Rocco Dispirito published the book The Pound A Day Diet.

Now, comes celebrity nutritionist Haylie Pomroy revealing the diet celebrities use to lose 10 pounds in 10 days.

Can you lose weight that quickly?

Of course, you can.

There are lots of ways to do it, too.

But why should you lose it fast?

Slow and steady wins the weight loss goal, too.  And I believe it's a healthier course of action.

You can take advice from the celebrity nutritionist which includes drinking a lot of water and tea.

First thing I noticed was the nutritionist's breakfast smoothie recipe.  Where do you buy beetroot? Oh, I think I have that ingredient laying around my kitchen.  Oh, it's a beet?  That's right.  It's just a beet.  And, in fact, I do have a beet in my kitchen.  It is hard as a rock.  How will it blend and turn into a smoothie?

She also mentions some special detox tea I don't own and would have to buy.  And her soup uses courgettes.  Those are just zucchinis.  The soup recipe looks very similar to the soup I was advised to eat when I was on Weight Watchers.  And I've never put hummus in egg salad, why would I?

The bottom line is this.  You can try a million diets and if you follow them to the finest detail, they probably work.  But I can't afford every Tom-Dick-and-Harry diet on the market.  Many of them require very specific ingredients and shopping.  So, I've chosen to use real food, track what I eat on My Fitness Pal, portion control, eating on smaller plates, and stay the slow and steady route for maintenance.  It works, too.  The choice is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment