Monday, July 6, 2015

Oreo...Thins?

This is amazing marketing of Oreos.

Oreo Thins... to be exact.

Look at the calorie count.

You can have four Oreo Thins for nearly the same amount of calories for three regular Oreos: 140 vs. 160.  Not much of a savings.

If I'm having Oreos, I'm not buying the Oreo Thins.  Let me tell you why.

The product creates the illusion that they're low calorie... so you can eat more.

Avoiding that completely, I'm going to stay away from these slightly lower calorie treats.

But it's smart marketing.

Oreos have lost some of their audience that has grown up and gotten healthy.

In fact, I'm trying to remember when the last time was that I bought Oreo Cookies.

Maybe ten years?  Maybe more?  Maybe twenty years.

It wasn't that long ago that they created the Red Velvet Oreo.


Nice product idea... but I can't see myself buying these either.

I'll stick with the homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies... a couple of times a year.  That's enough for my cookie fix to last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment