Sunday, June 14, 2015

Better Than Sugar: A Sweet Treat

Call me crazy, but don't call me late for a sweet treat!

I've been craving something special and filling.  Something that wouldn't break the calorie bank for the day and send me flying off on an eating binge.

I usually reach for watermelon, but I haven't been to the market so I don't have any watermelon right now in my fridge.

So, I looked in my cupboards.  Here's what I came up with and I love it!

What is it?

It's one tablespoon of Jif Creamy Peanut Butter (I also have natural peanut butter but opted for this instead), topped with 30 chocolate chips from Costco. That's it.  There's protein in the peanut butter.  Talk about satisfying!

Calorie Count:

95 calories - 1 tbsp. Jif Creamy Peanut Butter

70 calories - 30 pieces of Costco Kirkland Brand Chocolate Chips

What did I chase it with?  

10 calories - 1 stick large Celery.

I feel energized and satisfied.

Make your snacks your own.  Cut the peanut butter into 1 tsp. size with half the amount of chocolate chips to cut the calorie count even more.  Or create your own snack with different ingredients.  Either way, don't forget to treat yourself to something satisfying!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment