Monday, September 1, 2014

Celeb Photo Hack Shocker - C'mon Protect Yourselves!

So, it's the story that's gone around the world in a split second.  The celebrity photo hack.  I wasn't raised in the computer generation.  I had to learn it later on and I have no idea how the thieves accomplished such a thing.  Obviously, they work in the computer field.  According to TMZ.com, the FBI is now investigating.

A few years ago, my husband once hacked into my email account by guessing a few answers to my security questions.  He made it look easy.  I had done the same to him by guessing his password.  It wasn't that hard back then.  Our marriage was crumbling at the time (read the book).  Emails between a married couple are one thing, but naked photos gone public are quite another.

Today, there are double security walls to protect your digital accounts - use them.

The celeb naked photos that are being shopped around today were not disclosed by choice of the celebrities.  Those photos would be worth a fortune.  Wouldn't every actor or actress want the best lighting and best photographer if they chose to expose naked photos?  Of course they would because those photos would go through an extensive approval process and photo shop to make them look like perfection.  Careers are on the line and every photo to a public personality matter.

Bottom line:  everyone is entitled to digital privacy.

I looked through my phone and my email accounts and here are the types of photos I found. Family photos, food photos, flower photos, pet photos and this beautiful flower photo taken at a recent family wedding. Isn't this the most beautiful centerpiece you've ever seen?  You just want to drink lemonade all day long!  You may find my photo file boring, but I find it fun and filled with memories. Everyone is entitled to their own memories and their own selfies.

Protect your email and digital accounts today and follow the security advice.  Gawker.com offers advice in this great article about protecting yourself "One Simple Thing You Should Do Right Now to Keep Hackers From Destroying Your Digital Life."  It's the healthy choice to protect yourself today instead of being sorry tomorrow.  Protect your digital world today!

No comments:

Post a Comment