Saturday, June 7, 2014

Do the Swim!

If you've read No Sweatpants Diet, you know that it took me years to feel comfortable wearing a bathing suit again.  I was constantly feeling judged and belittled.

No more.  Now, I slip into a bathing suit easily and confidently.  I go swimming whenever I have the opportunity.

My husband is out of town right now and my son has the key to his bachelor pad.  (Read the book - you'll understand why my husband has a bachelor pad.) Anyway, so we've used the key and gone swimming regularly since he left town.  I do 60 laps in the swimming pool every day and I've gotten a bit of a suntan.  Swimming does wonders for your body even in a few days time.  I forgot how good swimming is for every part of your body.

A couple of days ago, I was waiting for the elevator after swimming at his building and a guy was getting off the elevator.  He saw me in my bathing suit, took a good look, and he stepped back onto the elevator to invite me to a block party.  He introduced himself, made a little joke, and we both laughed about different things.  Here was this good looking, kind young man asking me out while I was using the swimming pool at my husband's apartment building.  Look up the definition of ridiculous.  This was absurd and laughable.  But sort of enjoyable, too.  Take compliments wherever you can get them, that's what I say.

With the countdown to my husband's return fast approaching, I've been eyeing the swimming pool at my gym every day.  Finally, I tried it this morning.  I figured out the locker system and took a 45 minute swim by doing laps.  It was fabulous!  And better yet, there's a clock so I can time how long I'm in the swimming pool.  My husband's bachelor pad swimming pool doesn't have that benefit.  I even met a few nice swimmers who I hadn't met in the regular part of the gym.  So swimming is a win-win for me!  If you have a swimming pool near you, go and do the swim today! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment